The cabins are currently undergoing renovations, they will not be available for rent until September 2017
Please read our list of Considerations (below) when planning a stay at the cabins.
The cabin experience:
- Unique rental accommodations located in the spirited town of Clearwater, Manitoba.
- Local amenities include a restaurant, general store and the Harvest Moon Learning Centre.
- It’s quiet. There is space: to think, to breathe, to engage.
A base for your: Outdoor adventure / Romantic getaway / Artist retreat
The cabins are:
- built partly of locally reclaimed materials
- inspired by the town and its people
- designed and built by University of Manitoba architecture students, and many volunteers
Cabin #1: The Workshop. Designed by* Einat Menashe, Gordon Yiu, Markian Farkavec. This cabin consists of a dwelling and connected workshop. Design parameters: occupancy for up to 4 people; an integrated work space for a beekeeping operation, among other tasks; connections between the above, for educational/experiential activities.
Cabin #2: The Liu Ming Studio. Designed by* Kara Burman, Stephen Faust. This cabin consists of a dwelling and attached summer structure (covered deck). A fold-up bed allows a floor loom to be rolled out for weaving, or the loom stowed under a raised platform. Design parameters: occupancy for up to 4 people; configuration to accommodate a floor loom.
Cabin #3: The Artist’s Retreat. Designed by* Sylwia Sieminska, Jordan Chappel. This cabin stands alone as the most private on the property and is afforded some excellent vistas for inspiration. Design parameters: occupancy for up to 4 people; maximum interior space (stowable bed platforms) for art/other activity.
*Additional construction/design by: Mick Moloney, Emily Bews, Brooke Conrad, Kekeli Efu, Taylor Gould, Lindsay Imlah, Talia Keyton, Kailey Kroeker, Zoé Lebel, Ye Lin, Devon Meyer, Luiza Munari, Auja Ominski, Candle Russell, Amos Simmons, Adele Sinclair, Mackenzie Sinclair, Shawn Sinclair, Denis Vrignon-Tessier, Todd Willick, Wei Xue, Wei Zou.
$30 per bed per night. Please inquire if you’d like to rent a cabin for a week or longer. Work trades are possible for a portion of your rental rate, for rentals longer than 2 nights.
- Read our Considerations and Policies (below).
- Request reservation at least 5 days in advance of your desired stay, and we’ll confirm vacancy. ***Please Note: The cabins are undergoing renovations and will not be available to rent until September 2017.***
- Laundry, showers and wifi are available inside the Harvest Moon Learning Centre.
- Organic vegetables may be purchased out of our garden and greenhouse depending on the time of year. Varieties and available quantities change throughout the season.
The Clearwater Cabins aren’t for everyone:
- There is no electricity or plumbing.
- There is no running water at the cabins themselves.
- Access to the cabins is via grassed walking paths. Parking is available on the street only.
- The Cabins are unavailable during the Harvest Moon Festival (mid-September), when they are used exclusively by the Harvest Moon Society.
- Availability and cabin selection is on a first-come, first-served basis only. Last-minute bookings can be made by phone only, subject to availability.
- Reservations are held only with full prepayment.
- Prepaid reservations can be cancelled for a refund up to 7 days in advance of the stay, minus a 10% fee.
- Cancellations in the 6 days prior to the stay can be refunded minus a 50% fee.
- No-shows are non-refundable.
- The cabins are insured against personal injury and total building loss. Your personal effects are not covered.
- Damage caused through negligence or willful acts will be repaired and the cost made known to the renter. Until this cost is repaid, the renter will be forbidden from the property.
If you bring pets, YOU are fully responsible for them at all times, including any damage they may cause.
Please take every precaution, knowing your pet as you do, against problems. Consider not bringing them if possible.
- Do not leave pets unattended in the cabin.
- Pets are not allowed on the beds or furniture.
- Clean up after your pet, both inside and outside.
Interested in booking a stay?
- Read our Considerations and Policies (above).
- Request reservation at least 5 days in advance of your desired stay, and we’ll confirm vacancy. ***Please Note: The cabins are undergoing renovations and are not available for booking at this time.***
- Submit payment. We’ll send you a PayPal invoice so you can pay online.